Our Valerian Tincture is a calmative/sedative that acts as a sleep aid and also helps to relieve nervousness.
- Considered a nervine herb, i.e. part of a class of herbs that tonifies, calms, and heals the nervous system
- A mild sedative and sleep-promoting agent
- Good for states of nervous excitation and anxiety-induced sleep disturbances
- Found in clinical trials to be as effective as benzodiazepines in aiding sleep
- Does not have the untoward side-effects of drugs
Who it’s for:
Take our Valerian Tincture if you’re having problems with getting to sleep and also nervousness and restlessness.
NPN Use Claim:
Traditionally used in Western Herbalism to relieve nervousness (calmative/sedative) and as a sleep aid.
Adults: Take 2.4-4 mL (72-120 drops) 1-3 times daily in a little water on an empty stomach. Alternatively, as a sleep aid, a dose of 2.4-4 mL may be taken 30-60 minutes before bedtime. An earlier dose of 2.4-4 mL may be taken during the evening if necessary.
Cautions and Warnings:
Consult a health care practitioner before use if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. Consult a health care practitioner if sleeplessness persists continuously for more than 3 weeks (chronic insomnia) or if other symptoms worsen or persist.
Consumption with alcohol, other drugs or natural health products with sedative properties is not recommended. Exercise caution if operating heavy machinery or driving a motor vehicle within 2 hours of consumption.
Certified Organic Valerian (Valeriana officinalis, root)
Distilled water, certified organic alcohol
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.