- Nature's most important spice
- Used for centuries as a culinary flavor
- Anti-inflammatory herbal remedy in traditional Ayurvedic Medicine
- Great in all recipes as well as topically for healthy, glowing skin
- Sustainably grown and harvested
Turmeric is a rhizome that is part of the ginger family. Its Chinese name literally means yellow ginger. As one of nature's most revered botanicals, it has been used for centuries as a food preservative, a coloring agent, a culinary flavor, and as an important anti-inflammatory herbal remedy in Ayurvedic Medicine. It has also been used as a natural dye and as a popular cosmetic in India and Asia for healthy, glowing skin. This tri-doshic balancing herb supports many systems of the body. According to the energetic principles of Ayurveda, Turmeric is pungent, bitter, and astringent in the Rasa taste energy, heating in action according to Virya and balancing for Vata, Pitta, and Kapha constitutional doshas, with a tendency to increase Vata and Pitta. It is considered a wonderful daily herb to support general well-being, vitality, and health.
Overview of Key Benefits
Anti-inflammatory: Turmeric demonstrates an inhibitory effect on a number of different compounds that play an important role in the inflammation response such as COX2 and LOX2. Eases bursitis.
Country of Origin: India
Ingredients: Certified Organic Turmeric Powder
Botanical Name: Curcuma longa
Produced in a facility that packages tree nuts (Almonds, Hazelnuts, and Cashews). The facility is dairy-free, gluten-free, soy-free, and peanut-free.
Refrigeration not required. Store in a cool, dry, dark place.
- Turmeric tea/ tea latte, also known as golden milk
- Turmeric broth if you're feeling savory
- Use it to enhance your favourite curry recipe
- Turmeric roasted chicken and cauliflower
EXTERNAL USES: Add ½ tsp to your favourite face mask recipe to reduce inflammation.
We have 3 recipes which use Organic Turmeric Powder:
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.