- Paraben Petroleum Free
- Pure Botanical Ingredients
Rosehip (Rosa canina) oil is known for its skin-conditioning properties and for restoring skin suppleness. It is especially appropriate for the delicate epidermis found on the face, neck and around the eyes.
Rosehip is well known for its impact on long term skin damage. It contains trans-retinoic acid, which is unique. This is possibly why it has such a distinct action on the skin. Rosehip does oxidize, however, so suggested storage for this oil is in refrigeration.
Aura Cacia Organic Rosehip Oil is cold-pressed from the fruit seeds of wild-harvested climbing dog rose shrubs in the southern Andes region of Chile. Families who harvest the fruit have often been doing so for generations.
What’s the difference between organic rosehip oil and conventional rosehip oil?
Organic oils differ from conventional oils in that the botanicals from which they are derived are grown according to the USDA’s Organic Standards. Our manufacturing facility and all of our organic oils have also been certified organic by the established third-party certifier, Quality Assurance International (QAI).
Restoring – restores skin suppleness
Conditioning – high levels of linoleic and linoleic essential fatty acids condition the skin
Absorbent – light, absorbent oil with little aroma
Ingredients & Suggested Uses
Organic Rosa Canina (Rosehip) Fruit Oil.
Botanical Name: Rosa canina
Quick Tip: Comb several drops through hair to nourish.
Recipe: Rosehip and Rose Petal Tea Hair Mist
Description: A nourishing hair mist to calm frizziness and fly-away hair.
- 1 teaspoon Aura Cacia Rosehip Oil
- 4 drops Aura Cacia Rose Absolute w/ jojoba.
- Petals from 1 fresh Rose blossom
- 59 ml of water
- Aura Cacia Amber Glass Mist Bottle (59 ml)
- In a small pot over medium-high heat, bring water to a simmer
- Pour hot water over rose petals, steep until water is tepid
- In bottle, combine oils
- Strain Rose petals and place into bottle. Replace cap and shake vigorously until contents are well blended
- To use, shake bottle and mist hair