LUNG-FX works by supporting the lungs’ natural defense systems, helps to expel mucous, promotes detoxification to protect the lungs from damage caused by pollutants and toxins, and contains anti-inflammatories and antioxidants to heal and soothe damaged lung tissue.
Breathing easily is something that most people take for granted. We usually inhale and exhale without even thinking about it, but the moment you can’t get enough air, like during an asthma attack, it becomes very clear just how importing breathing is. So, why do we need to breathe?
We use energy in order to do literally everything: sit, stand, think, blink… everything! Energy doesn’t just come directly from food, it needs to be converted in the body to a usable format, called ATP. The process by which we convert food to energy is called cellular respiration, and it requires oxygen from the air we breathe. There are two by-products of making ATP: water, which we use in the body, and carbon dioxide, which we exhale through the lungs. Without this exchange of oxygen and carbon dioxide in the lungs, we couldn’t convert food to energy.
We are constantly breathing in pollution, viruses, and toxins, so the body has a natural defense system to help clean and repair the lungs and fight potential infections. The lungs are lined with mucous that traps foreign particles. We have cilia (tiny finger-like projections) that move mucous upward so that we can expel it from the body. Think of it like a mucous escalator that’s constantly working to keep the lungs clean.
We also have antioxidants and detoxifying mediators in the lungs to prevent and heal the damage caused by inhaling pollution and toxins, and special immune cells in the lungs to prevent us from getting sick.
When we have high exposures to toxins, smoke, or other particles, the lungs’ natural defense systems have difficulty keeping up, and it impacts our ability to exchange oxygen and carbon dioxide. Reduced lung function makes us feel tired because our body can’t make enough energy1. We also may have symptoms of coughing, frequent lung infections, asthma attacks, or excessive mucous production1. Lung function is significantly reduced in conditions like COPD, asthma, and in smokers1.
LUNG-FX is beneficial for people who have chronic lung disease, asthma, and smokers. LUNG-FX works by supporting the lungs’ natural defense systems. It contains expectorant herbs to help you break down and expel mucous. It promotes detoxification to protect the lungs from damage caused by pollutants and toxins. It contains anti-inflammatories and antioxidants to heal and soothe damaged lung tissue. LUNG-FX provides targeted support to improve lung function and help you breathe more easily.
Dr. Hilary’s Lifestyle Tips To Improve Lung Health
- Limit carbohydrates, especially refined sugars: When we metabolize carbs for energy, we produce carbon dioxide. We produce less carbon dioxide from metabolizing proteins and fats, so it’s easier on our breathing.
- Smoking and vaping cessation: Lung function, capacity, coughing and shortness of breath all improve within the first month of smoking cessation. After six to nine months of being smoke-free, the cilia in the lungs have healed and the frequency of lung infections improves12.
- Maintain a healthy weight: Gradual weight loss of 1-3 lbs per week is ideal for sustainable results. This should be done through eating a balanced diet rich in whole foods, including lean meats and fish, vegetables, legumes, nuts and seeds.
- Optimize Vitamin D levels: Having adequate levels of vitamin D is important for a healthy immune system and lung function. Requesting blood work is the only way to know your vitamin D status, and for your doctor to decide on appropriate vitamin D supplementation dosing. Having adequate vitamin D can reduce the frequency and severity of asthma attacks13.
- Stay hydrated: Drinking enough water helps to thin mucous in the lungs and improve breathing. Aim for at least 2 litres of water daily, and more if you’re active or in warm weather.
- Improve air quality: Use a HEPA air purifier to improve air quality at home, vacuum and wet mop regularly to limit dust build up and minimize your use of scented products.
Lung health is a vital part of our overall health. The lungs exchange oxygen and carbon dioxide, allowing our bodies to convert food to energy. As we breathe in air, we also breathe in toxins and pollutants, so healthy lungs are continually self-cleaning to allow for optimal oxygen exchange. In some people, including those with asthma, COPD, and in smokers, the self-cleaning mechanism is sub-optimal.
LUNG-FX improves lung health by supporting the lungs’ natural detox processes. It helps to thin and expel mucus to clear toxins and other particles from the lungs. It provides anti-inflammatory and antioxidant support to soothe the airways, heal damage, and protect the lungs. LUNG-FX supports overall lung function and helps people with chronic lung conditions to breathe more deeply.
How It Works
- An antioxidant that reduces inflammation and works to heal and protect the lungs from damage2.
- Increases the body’s production of glutathione, which is the lungs’ most powerful detoxifier2.
- Mucolytic, meaning it helps thin mucous to make it easier to expel3.
Fenugreek Seed (Trigonella foenum-graecum) 10:1 Extract
- Mucous expectorant, helping to clear mucous from the lungs4.
- Improves lung function measures by 10% in asthmatics4.
Hyssop Herb Tops (Hyssopus officinalis) 10:1 Extract
- Mucous expectorant, helping to clear mucous from the lungs5.
- An antioxidant that reduces inflammation and improves airway functioning in asthmatics6.
Mullein Leaf (Verbascum Thapsus) 20:1 Extract
- Soothing for coughs and hydrating for the lungs7.
- Mucous expectorant, helping clear mucous from the lungs7.
Ginger (Zingiber Officinale – Rhizome) 4:1 Extract
- Opens up the airways, significantly relaxing spasms to improve asthma and tightness in the chest caused by chronic lung disease8.
- Reduces inflammation in the lungs8.
Reishi Mushroom (Ganoderma lucidum – fruiting body) 20:1 Extract
- Supports the immune system to prevent infection, and improve overall symptom management of chronic lung disease, COPD, and asthma9,10.
- Reduces inflammation and provides antioxidants to protect the lungs from damage9.
Each Capsule Contains
N-Acetyl-L-Cysteine - 200 mg
Fenugreek Seed (Trigonella foenum-graecum) 10:1 Extract - (QCE 1.5 g) 150 mg
Hyssop Herb Tops (Hyssopus officinalis) 10:1 Extract - (QCE 1 g) 100 mg
Mullein Leaf (Verbascum thapsus) 20:1 Extract - (QCE 2 g) 100 mg
Ginger (Zingiber Officinale – Rhizome) 4:1 Extract - (QCE 400 mg) 100 mg
Reishi Mushroom (Ganoderma lucidum – fruiting body) 20:1 Extract - (QCE 1 g) 50 mg
Non-Medicinal Ingredients: Vegetable Capsule Shell (Hypromellose), Oryza sativa (Rice) hull powder, maltodextrin.
Priority Allergens: None
Healthology does not use genetically modified ingredients. All ingredients are NON-GMO/GMO-FREE.
Do not use this product if you are taking antibiotics or nitroglycerin or if you are pregnant. Consult a health care practitioner prior to use if you are breastfeeding, have kidney stones, have diabetes, or if symptoms persist or worsen. Stop use if hypersensitivity/allergy occurs.
Consult a health care practitioner prior to use if you have had recent surgery or have an upcoming surgery. Keep out of reach of children.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.