LIV-GREAT provides the liver with daily support by boosting its detox capacity, helping protect it from damage, and supporting Phase 1 and Phase 2 liver detoxification.
The liver is our most important detoxifying organ. It is masterful at identifying toxins and neutralizing them so that they can be safely excreted from the body. Toxins include chemicals, food additives, alcohol, caffeine, and medications. The liver is also responsible for detoxing our hormones and end-products of metabolism. It also stores glucose for energy production and produces bile to help us break down and digest fatty foods.
There are two phases of liver detoxification, and each requires vitamins, proteins, and minerals to work effectively. In Phase 1, enzymes called Cytochromes to add an oxygen molecule to the toxin, which prepares it to enter Phase 21. This is called oxidation, and it actually makes the toxin MORE harmful to the body. It’s a “take one step back to take two steps forward” type of process. In Phase 2, we deactivate the toxin through a process called conjugation1. This neutralizes the toxin so that it can be excreted safely by the colon or bladder.
In some people, one phase or both phases of liver detoxification are sluggish. This is especially damaging when Phase 1 is working more quickly than Phase 2 because we get a build-up of oxidized toxins that are harmful to the body. Sluggish liver detoxification can be caused by genetic deficiencies, nutrients missing from the diet, or a high toxic burden from alcohol, medication use, or exposures to toxins in the environment1.
Most of us are bombarded with more toxins than we realize. Think about how many toxins your liver deals with solely from your morning routine: you wake up, have a shower, and put soap, shampoo, shaving cream, toothpaste, deodorant, face wash, and moisturizer on your body. Each one of these products absorbs through the skin and has to be detoxed. Then you drink a coffee (caffeine) and have a bowl of cereal (food additives), adding even more work to the liver’s busy morning. Your liver is already overwhelmed before you have even left the house!
When the liver isn’t able to keep up with our detox demands, we may experience fatigue, headaches, poor memory, acne, hormonal imbalances, nausea, and/or abdominal pain caused by a build-up of toxins in the body2. The prolonged strain on the liver can lead to liver damage, which reduces liver function and perpetuates the cycle of toxicity in the body.
LIV-GREAT provides the liver with daily support by boosting its detox capacity and helping to protect it from damage. It contains nutrients and herbs to support both Phase 1 and Phase 2 of liver detoxification, and it promotes the production of bile to improve the elimination of toxins. It also contains powerful antioxidants to protect and heal the liver from damage.
Dr. Hilary’s Lifestyle Tips To Support The Liver
- Drink more water: After the liver neutralizes toxins they are eliminated from the body through the bowels and bladder. Even minor dehydration will limit your body’s ability to get rid of toxins. Aim to drink at least 2 litres of water daily, and more if you’re active or in a warm climate.
- Support Elimination: When we’re constipated, toxins can be reabsorbed from the bowel, adding to the toxic burden in the body. We should have at least one fully evacuated bowel movement daily. Increasing fibre in the diet, drinking plenty of water, and being active are great first steps to support bowel health.
Healthy nutrition: The liver requires vitamins, minerals, proteins, and other nutrients that we get from food to function optimally. Foods also contain antioxidants that heal the damage caused by Phase 1 oxidation. Top liver supportive foods include:
- Cruciferous veggies: brussels sprouts, broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower, kale
- Foods containing sulphur: eggs, garlic, onions
- Protein-rich foods: meat, fish, beans, chickpeas
- Mineral-rich foods: nuts, seeds, dark leafy greens, beans
- Antioxidants: berries, beets, spinach, artichoke, dark chocolate
- Limit caffeine and alcohol: Caffeine and alcohol are detoxified by the liver and add to its workload.
- Use natural products: Transition to natural and scent-free cleaning products and personal care products. This can be a gradual change over time, as you run out of items try to replace them with more natural products. Top chemicals to avoid are phthalates, synthetic fragrances, and parabens.
The liver is the body’s most important detoxifier. It is continually working to neutralize toxins so they can be safely eliminated from the body. The overall burden of toxicity on the body may be higher than we think, due to chemicals in our products, food additives, alcohol, and medication use. If the liver can’t keep up, we experience symptoms of fatigue, acne, hormonal imbalance, and brain fog, and it can eventually lead to liver damage.
LIV-GREAT improves liver function by supporting both Phase 1 and 2 detoxification pathways. It provides anti-inflammatory and antioxidant support to heal and protect the liver from damage caused by toxins and promotes the regeneration of healthy liver cells. LIV-GREAT helps your liver keep up with the daily demands of neutralizing toxins. A healthy liver means lower toxicity in the body and improved overall health.
How It Works
- Protects the liver from damage by preventing toxins from binding to liver tissue3.
- Boosts Phase 1 detoxification, resulting in improved liver markers on lab testing3.
- An antioxidant that heals and protects the liver from damage caused by oxidation3.
- Increases levels of glutathione in the liver, which is one of the most important factors in Phase 2 detoxification4.
- Significantly improves the function of the liver resulting in improved liver enzyme parameters on lab testing4.
- An antioxidant that heals and protects the liver from damage caused by oxidation5.
- Enhances liver function through boosting Phase 2 detoxification6.
- An antioxidant that heals and protects the liver from damage caused by oxidation6.
- DL is an easily absorbed and biologically active form of the nutrient.
- Source of sulphur required for Phase 2 detoxification.
- Reduces fat accumulation in liver cells to support a healthy structure of the liver, thereby improving liver function7.
- Improves cholesterol and helps to balance blood sugar levels8.
- Protects liver cells from damage through its antioxidant activity9.
- Improves liver function by boosting liver enzyme activity and improving detoxification pathways9.
- Increases the flow of bile from the liver, which promotes the elimination of toxins and lowers cholesterol10.
- Anti-inflammatory and antioxidant to heal the liver and protect it from damage10,11.
- Supports Phase 2 detoxification by increasing the activity of our most important detoxifier, glutathione12.
- Boosts Phase 2 detoxification through increasing liver enzyme function and glutathione activity13.
- Anti-inflammatory and antioxidant to heal the liver and protect it from damage14.
- Assists with the proliferation of liver cells, helping it to heal from damage15.
- Anti-inflammatory and antioxidant activity that heals and protects the liver from damage16.
Each Capsule Contains:
Milk Thistle Seed (Silybum marianum) 20:1 Extract - 50% Silymarin - (QCE 4 g) 200 mg
N-Acetyl-L-Cysteine - 200 mg
DL-Alpha Lipoic Acid - 100 mg
Garlic Bulb (Allium sativum) 4:1 Extract - (QCE 200 mg) 50 mg
Artichoke Leaf (Cynara scolymus) 4:1 Extract - (QCE 200 mg) 50 mg
Dandelion Root (Taraxacum officinale) 4:1 Extract - (QCE 200 mg) 50 mg
Selenium (Selenomethionine) - 100 mcg
Curcumin (Curcuma longa - rhizome) - 100 mg
Phyllanthus amarus - whole plant, 8:1 Extract - (QCE 600 mg) 75 mg
Non-Medicinal Ingredients: Vegetable Capsule Shell (Hypromellose), Oryza sativa (Rice) hull powder, dicalcium phosphate
Priority Allergens: None
Healthology does not use genetically modified ingredients. All ingredients are NON-GMO/GMO-FREE.
Recommended Dose (Adults): Take 1 capsule with water in the morning with a meal and 1 capsule with water in the evening with a meal.
Duration Of Use: As a liver protectant and for liver function: Use for at least 3 weeks to see beneficial effects. Consult a health care practitioner for use beyond 8 weeks.
Do not use this product if you are taking antibiotics, nitroglycerin, or have a bile duct obstruction. Consult a health care practitioner prior to use if you have kidney stones, gallstones, liver or gall bladder diseases, intestinal obstruction, stomach ulcers, excess stomach acid, diabetes, are taking blood thinners, antiplatelet medication, protease inhibitors, hypoglycemic medications, or have a history of non-melanoma skin cancer. Consult a health care practitioner if symptoms persist or worsen.
Stop use if hypersensitivity/allergy occurs. Stop use and consult a health care practitioner if you experience sweating, paleness, chills, headache, dizziness, and/or confusion as these may be a symptom of serious low blood sugar.Consult a health care practitioner prior to use if you are pregnant or breast-feeding, have had recent surgery, or have an upcoming surgery. Keep out of reach of children.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.