Supports a natural healthy gut flora
- Helps support gastrointestinal health
- Provides 10 billion CFU per daily dose from Lactobacillus acidophilus (CUL-60), Lactobacillus acidophilus (CUL-21), Bifidobacterium bifidum (CUL-20), Bifidobacterium animalis subsp. lactis (CUL-34)
HMF Capsules provide four strains of proprietary human-sourced probiotics that temporarily modify gut flora in adults and children. The microflora composition in the gut is relatively steady, although it can be altered by diet, stress, age and medication.1 Probiotics promote the presence of beneficial bacteria to maintain healthy intestines.1 Beyond decreasing pathogen survival by increasing antimicrobial peptide release from host cells, probiotics also strengthen the epithelial barrier.2 They mediate the integrity of tight junctions, which control permeability and increase the release of mucin, which prevents pathogens from adhering to cells on the intestinal surface.2 Lactic acid bacteria Lactobacilli and Bifidobacteria are the most commonly used probiotics and are safe for both adults and children.2 They effectively colonize the intestines and decrease the movement of bacteria from the intestines into circulation.2 Supplementation with large numbers of a combination of microorganisms helps maximize intestinal colonization, promoting the growth of beneficial bacteria.3 In a randomized, placebo-controlled trial involving 22 adults, daily supplementation with a probiotic containing Lactobacillus acidophilus (CUL-60 and CUL-21) catalyzed the restoration of microflora after it was altered by antibiotics.4 Similarly, a probiotic supplement containing CUL-21 can also significantly colonize the intestines of healthy adults.5
1. Nagpal, R, Yadav, H, Kumar, M, Jain, S, Yamashiro, Y, Marotta, F. (2013). Probiotics and Prebiotics in Food, Nutrition and Health (pp. 1-24). Boca Raton, FL: CRC Press.
2. Saulnier, N, Zocco, MA, Di Caro, S, Gasbarrini, G, Gasbarrini, A. Genes & Nutrition. 2006; 1(2): 107-116.
3. Allen, SJ, Wareham, K, Bradley, C, Harris, W, Dhar, A, Brown, H, Foden, A, Cheung, WY, Gravenor, MB, Plummer, S, Phillips, CJ, Mack, D. BMC Infectious Diseases. 2012; 12: 108.
4. Madden, JAJ, Plummer, SF, Tang, J, Garaiova, I, Plummer, NT, Herbison, M, Hunter, JO, Shimada, T, Cheng, L, Shirakawa, T. International Immunopharmacology. 2005; 5: 1091-1097.
5. Mahenthiralingam, E, Marchbank, A, Drevinek, P, Garaiova, I, Plummer, S. BMC Microbiology. 2009; 9: 251.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.