A digestive enzyme blend that supports individuals who have indigestion, bloating, or gallbladder removal.* Advanced Digestive Enzymes promote the digestion and absorption of proteins, fats, and carbs with the combination of HCl, pepsin, pancreatic enzymes, and ox bile.*
Advanced Digestive Enzymes (formerly Bio-Gest)
Thorne’s Advanced Digestive Enzymes is a comprehensive blend of digestive enzymes that support good digestion.* A digestive enzyme supplement can be beneficial in circumstances when less than optimal amounts of digestive enzymes are being produced in the body – like during the natural aging process or after gallbladder removal.*
When to supplement with Advanced Digestive Enzymes:
- After consuming a meal heavy in fat or red meat
- For the occasional overindulge
- When eating foods that commonly cause gas and bloating
- When less than optimal amounts of digestive enzymes are being produced in the body – like during the natural aging process or after gallbladder removal
Benefits of Advanced Digestive Enzymes:
- Provides support for occasional indigestion*
- Minimizes gas and bloating*
- Helps maintain bowel regularity*
- Provides benefits after overuse of antacids*
- Supports individuals who have food sensitivities*
- Provides support after gallbladder removal*
- Optimizes the absorption of essential vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients*
- HCl promotes the body’s absorption of multiple nutrients, including folate, vitamin B12, vitamin C, beta-carotene, iron, and various forms of calcium, magnesium, and zinc*
- Pancreatic enzymes and ox bile promote the absorption of fat-soluble nutrients like vitamins A, D, E, and K, CoQ10, and omega-3 fatty acids*
Key features of Advanced Digestive Enzymes:
- Contains undiluted pepsin and pancreatin
- Does not contain lactose, which is often used to dilute pepsin and pancreatin
- Contains ox bile
More about digestive enzymes:
The proteolytic enzymes hydrochloric acid (HCl) and pepsin are secreted in the stomach, while pancreatin, composed of amylase, lipase, and protease, is secreted from the pancreas, and bile is secreted from the liver and through the gallbladder. These enzymes are all essential for the digestion and absorption of nutrients from the food we eat. By providing all of them, Advanced Digestive Enzymes offers a complete solution for digestive support.
Ingredients & Suggested Use
Take 1-2 capsules with each meal or as recommended by a health professional. For occasional use only. Consult a health professional for use beyond 4 weeks. Do not take this product out of the capsule.
Risk Information: This product is contraindicated in patients with peptic ulcers. If symptoms persist or worsen, consult a health professional. Consult a health professional prior to use if you are pregnant or breastfeeding or if you have pancreatitis, pancreatic exocrine insufficiency, or cystic fibrosis. Do not use if you are sensitive to pancreatic enzymes or pork proteins. Nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain/epigastric pain and/or heartburn have been known to occur; in which case, discontinue use and consult a health professional.
Keep out of reach of children. Do not use if security seal inside the cap is broken. Store tightly sealed in a cool, dry place.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.