WHOLE FOOD VITAMIN D provides the recommended daily dose of vitamin D from a Non-GMO, vegan source.
WHOLE FOOD VITAMIN D is made from UV treatment of mushrooms7, creating an all-natural, vegan, real-food source of Vitamin D.
Vitamin D is an essential nutrient that we produce as a result of exposure to the sun. Living in a cold climate, and spending much of our time indoors, puts us at risk for vitamin D deficiency. Canadian research shows that up to 73.5% of men and 77.5% of women have inadequate levels of Vitamin D1.
Vitamin D regulates both the immune system and neuromuscular system and acts as an antioxidant throughout the body2,3. Since its roles in the body are so widespread, inadequate Vitamin D levels are associated with a long list of health conditions, including heart disease, diabetes, osteoporosis, cold and flu, and depression4.
Vitamin D is an essential nutrient that we produce from being in the sun. Living in a cold climate, wearing sunscreen, and not enough exposure to the outdoors significantly increases our risk of being deficient in Vitamin D. Low Vitamin D levels increase our risk for osteoporosis, heart disease, weakened immune system, low mood, and diabetes4.
It’s important to take a Vitamin D supplement as part of a health and wellness routine, especially during the winter months, and if you have low Vitamin D levels. WHOLE FOOD VITAMIN D provides a highly absorbable, vegan, food- source of Vitamin D to optimize your level of this vital nutrient.
Why do we need vitamin D?
- Bone health: Vitamin D allows us to absorb calcium and promote bone growth. Low vitamin D contributes to low bone density, known as osteoporosis, which leads to an increased risk of fractures4.
- Enhances mood: Vitamin D is necessary for the production of serotonin, which is a hormone that makes us feel happy. Evidence supports using Vitamin D supplementation as part of treating depression5.
- Powerful antioxidant: Helpful in preventing autoimmune disease, chronic pain, diabetes, and heart disease 4,6.
- Immune system: Vitamin D is required for our immune system to function optimally. Adequate levels of Vitamin D help to prevent getting sick, fight infections, and to help prevent and treat autoimmune diseases4.
WHOLE FOOD VITAMIN D provides the recommended daily dose of vitamin D from a Non-GMO, vegan source. Most Vitamin D supplements are made from lanolin, which is a wax produced from sheep’s wool that is processed. WHOLE FOOD VITAMIN D is made from UV treatment of mushrooms7, creating an all-natural, vegan, real-food source of Vitamin D.
Dr. Hilary’s Lifestyle Tips For Optimizing Vitamin D
- Sun exposure: We need about 15 minutes of our arms and legs exposed to the sun daily, during peak sunshine hours, without sunscreen, to produce adequate vitamin D levels. If you burn easily and shy away from the sun, or keep covered and wear sunscreen, we’re likely not getting enough vitamin D.
- Nutrition: It is possible to get small amounts of vitamin D from fortified foods, including milk products. However, research shows that even people who consume the most amount of dairy (toddlers and seniors) are still not reaching adequate blood levels of Vitamin D. Food sources do not provide enough Vitamin D to be considered a viable source8.
- Lab testing: We should be tested at least once each year to make sure we’re achieving adequate levels of vitamin D. The next time you’re having blood work done you should request vitamin D testing, as it’s not typically part of general annual screening.
How It Works
Agaricus bisporus (fruiting body)* - 25 mg providing 1000 IU Vitamin D
Each Capsule Contains
Agaricus bisporus (fruiting body)* - 25 mg (25 mcg/1000 IU Vitamin D)
Non-Medicinal Ingredients: Vegetable Capsule Shell (Hypromellose), Oryza sativa (Rice) hull powder
Priority Allergens: None
Healthology does not use genetically modified ingredients. All ingredients are NON-GMO/GMO-FREE
Recommended Dose (Adults): Take 1 capsule per day with water.
Consult a health care practitioner prior to use if you are pregnant, breast-feeding, or have diabetes.
Consult a health care practitioner prior to use if you have had recent surgery or have an upcoming surgery. Keep out of reach of children.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.