Plain Jane: All-Purpose Ghee
- Organic butter
- We use a traditional slow-cooking process which takes 8 hours on a low flame
- The result is a delicious, nutty flavour and signature grainy texture, both signifiers of high-quality ghee
- Our Plain Jane Ghee has a high smoke point of 250° C
- Plain Jane can be used for sautéing, frying, and roasting without the risk of creating free radicals or oxidative damage
- 99% of the milk solids have been removed during the clarification process, rendering our ghee virtually lactose-free and safe for anyone with lactose-intolerance
About Lee's Ghee
Lee’s Ghee is the highest quality ghee you will find on the market. We take great care in the preparation of our ghee, by ensuring it is made using traditional methods, sourcing the highest quality raw ingredients, and maintaining consistency and purity with every batch. Our commitment to quality combined with an obsessive attention to detail results in very high-quality ghee and our customers taste the difference.
Lee's Ghee is proudly made in Quebec, Canada, which is the home of many family-run dairy farms. The cows are on pasture whenever possible during the warmer months, and have a diet of mainly grass, hay, fodder, and silage. Their diets are also free from hormones, pesticides, herbicides, and antibiotics. Lee’s Ghee is certified organic and adheres to rigorous Canadian organic standards from farm-to-jar.
Lee's Ghee is made using a traditional slow-cooking process as it has been made for thousands of years in India. Organic cream is churned into butter, which is then simmered on low heat for 8 hours. The result is a delicious, nutty, buttery flavour and slightly grainy texture - signifiers of great ghee. When the ghee is fully clarified, the milk solids from the butter are strained out leaving behind the pure butterfat, known as “ghee”. Every batch of ghee is lab-tested to ensure purity and consistency.
Benefits of Lee's Ghee
- Organic & Pasture-Raised. Our ghee is made with organic dairy from cows that are pasture-raised during the Spring and Summer months when the weather allows. Our ghee is free from pesticides, herbicides, GMOs, and antibiotics.
- Good for Gut Health. Ghee contains a fatty acid called butyric acid which helps heal the gut and provides energy to the colon cells. It also contains a fatty acid called CLA which helps your body better absorb nutrients from your food.
- High Smoke Point. Ghee won’t smoke or burn like other oils, which produces toxic compounds and oxidation. Lee's Ghee has a smoke point of 250°C, so it can withstand even the hottest of temperatures.
- Spreadable & Shelf-Stable. Our Ghee has a shelf life of up to 3 months at room temperature or up to 1 year in the fridge. At room temperature, ghee lends itself to a spreadable consistency - just be sure to keep the jar clean and avoid double-dipping!
- Great Buttery Taste. Our ghee has a delicious, buttery taste. Ghee is a higher dose of the good fat found in butter, so you can use less ghee when substituting for butter and get the same buttery flavour!
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.