High-potency coenzyme Q10
- Maintains and supports cardiovascular health
- Reduces the frequency of migraine headaches and associated nausea and vomiting when taken as a prophylactic
- Formulated for enhanced absorption1,2
- An antioxidant for the maintenance of good health
- Vegan formulation
CoQ10 is a fat-soluble nutrient that acts as an electron carrier in the mitochondrial electron transport chain. CoQ10 is also a key intracellular antioxidant, protecting phospholipids and mitochondrial membranes against damage caused by lipid peroxidation.3
CoQ10 helps to minimize occurrence of migraine headaches, possibly through the promotion of normal mitochondrial function, as mitochondrial dysfunction has been identified as a potential contributing factor in migraine pathogenesis. In adult (18-65 years of age) participants with a history of migraines, daily supplementation with 300 mg of CoQ10 was well-tolerated and significantly reduced migraine attack frequency as well as the number of days with headaches and nausea in comparison to placebo treatment.4
CoQ10’s antioxidant actions help in the maintenance and support of heart health. In participants supplemented with 300 mg of CoQ10 daily for 1 month, peak VO2, O2 pulse, and extracellular superoxide dismutase (ecSOD) activity were significantly increased in comparison with placebo. Low ecSOD activity is considered a biomarker for high levels of extracellular oxidative stress.5
1. Wahlqvist KL, Wattanapenpaiboon N, Savige GS, Kannar D. Asia Pacific J Clin Nutr. 1998; 7(1): 37-40.
2. Schulz C, Obermüller-Jevic UC, Hasselwander O, Biesalki HK. Int J Food Sci Nutr. 2006; 57(7-8): 546-555.
3. Niklowitz P, Sonnenschein A, Janetzky B, Andler W, Menke T. Int J Biol Sci. 2007; 5;3(4): 257-262.
4. Sandor PS et al.Efficacy of coenzyme Q10 in migraine prophylaxis: A randomized controlled trial. Neurology. 2005; 64: 713-715
5. Tiano L, Belardinelli R, Carnevali P, Principi F, Seddaiu G, Littarru GP. Eur Heart J. 2007; 28(18): 2249-2255
Ingredients & Recommended Dose
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.